Michigan Autism Academy now offers Free* Direct Care Training. Why? Because we can!!
Michigan Autism Academy is your alternative for Direct Care Training and we are offering it free*. Our online training has moved to the new *Learning Management System, which allow convenient training in your area, with more flexibility for your schedule.
This training last eight days and include all the courses you need to be successful on the job:
1) Introduction to Human Services and Special Need
2) Working with People I - Introduction to Human Needs
3) Working with People II - Positive Techiques to Address Challenging Behavior
4) Basic Health and Wellness
5) Medication Administration - Foundation and Procedures
6) Emergency Preparedness
7) Nutrition and Health
9) Medication Transcription Demonstration*
10) Medication Tutor with live online instructions (Evening Classes) 11) Amerian Red Cross - Adult and Pediatrics First AId, CPR, AED Training*
Learning Management System featured training include:
1) Blended courses which allow you to take the training online.
2) Live Instructors ready to assist with classwork and technical issues.
3) Student Access Center is available from 8:00am - 3:15pm for students who need access to the Instructors.
4) Classes are offered every week.
5) No wait registration.
6) Enrollment is continuous.
7) Take the 2 week training or only classes that you need.
8) We offer Online Realtime Tutor Service to prepare for Medication Administration Demonstration.
9) Course was designed for personal development, school requirements and work requirements.
10) Official Transcripts when you complete the course.
You may contact our office at (313) 306-1401. Ask for Pennie or Christina.
*Registration fee to access the Learning Management System is $99.
*For medication demontrations only, a fee may be required.
*This training does not include American Red Cross training.
Disclaimer: The Michigan Autism Academy SAOT is registered as a Proprietary School under the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO). We are a licensed Direct Care Worker Training Provider. Our training is recognized by most companies and is widely accepted throughout Michigan.
We are not contracted with or have any relationship with Community Mental Health Agencies. If the agency you work for receive public funding, you may be required you to take additional training.
Pennie Ohia, - Instructor Trainer
American Red Cross | Licensed Training Provider FA/CPR/AED | Basic Life Support Instructor
Office (313) 544-0008 * Fax (313) 634-9312